I am currently in my final year completing a double degree- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Secondary Education at Deakin University Burwood, majoring in Visual Arts and Humanities.
I am a capable and passionate teacher, who is looking forward to commencing my professional career. My commitment to my studies, accompanied by my teaching experience over the last four years, has grounded my theoretical knowledge and understandings, where I have been given the opportunity to practice my style, implement my philosophy and continue to develop into the professional teacher I aspire to be.
'If students don't learn the way we teach them, teach them the way they learn' - Jo Prestia
I was inspired to become a teacher because I want to:
- Have a positive impact on students lives by developing a relationship built on rapport and respect, demonstrating my genuine interest and concern for the wellbeing of all individuals.
- Empower young people with relevant transferable life skills and knowledge, as I perceive these necessary to develop students into young citizens who can actively contribute and successfully participate in the demands of the 21st century.
As a teacher I aim to:
- Facilitate a learning environment where all students can reach and achieve personal goals within a safe, supportive, challenging and engaging classroom that incorporates relevant and innovative ICT practices to enhance knowledge.
- Celebrate student’s accomplishments by exhibiting students work and acknowledging students achievements, to influence self confidence and self worth.
- Encourage students to take risks, learning from their mistakes and making informed decisions to improve their personal learning.
VIT-Professional Engagement; Teachers are active members of their professions
8.3 - Understand the social, political and ethical dimensions of education and within that framework can articulate a vision or philosophy of the role of the teacher generally, and of their work specifically.